Monday, April 18, 2016

Tasks

Hello, friends! I know it's been a little while, and truth be told, I've started several blog posts, but then decided not to post them, because I didn't have peace. Please pray with me that I'll stay tender to the Holy Spirit and let this blog be led by Him, and not just a desire to post things on my own. Since I started this blog to be a tool of blessing and encouragement, I'd like it to stay that way, and I give all the glory to God. 

That being said, I've started studying 1-2 Chronicles, and I've really been getting a blessing from it. One thing that really hit me is found in chapter 28. David calls the people together in verses 1-5, and tells them about his heart's burden to build a temple to the Lord, but because he was a man of war he was unable to build it himself. He then goes on to say that the Lord called his son Solomon to succeed him to the throne, and build the temple. Verses 7-9 lists the promises of blessings and the conditions that went along with them.
  • Establishing a kingdom - Obeying the commandments and judgments of the Lord (v. 7)
  • Possessing the "good land" - Keeping and seeking the Lord's commandments (v. 8)
  • Finding the Lord - Serving with the right heart and mind (v. 9)
Those promises also end with the warning that forsaking the Lord and His ways would lead to the Lord casting him off.



1 Chronicles 28:10 is where everything got real for me. When I read this verse, my heart was pricked. Some days being a wife and mom (and even being an adult) is hard. Now let's throw the word "Christian" in there. Yikes. My pastor preached yesterday that dying for Christ is easier than living for Him. How true is that?Dying for Christ physically, you die once. Living for Christ, you die DAILY.

"Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new."
2 Corinthians 5:17

Not once did David tell Solomon his path would be an easy one. In fact, the language he chose implied it would be difficult. David warned Solomon to take heed, and to remember that God had chosen him for a specific purpose. He also encouraged him to be strong, but most importantly to just do it. 

David reiterates some of the same thoughts from verse 10 in the 20th verse (example: "be strong" and "do it"), but he also adds some new truths. He tells Solomon to not be afraid or dismayed in his task, because the Lord would be with him until his work was completed. Solomon would not only have the presence of God thru this time, but verse 21 also tells us that Solomon would also have the help of others around him to help him complete his task. 

I love this.

No matter how daunting the task may appear, just do it. No matter how unequipped you may feel, just do it. If God has chosen you to do it, He will strengthen you in HIS might and will be with you thru it. We are NEVER alone as believers. Our Heavenly Father is always with us, and sometimes He will even bring other Christians alongside us to encourage and help us complete our tasks. God's promises are available to those who trust Him and step out on faith to be obedient to His call. If we seek Him, He will be found (Jeremiah 29:13).


"And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me." 
2 Corinthians 12:9

Momma, are you feeling discouraged that you're not getting anywhere with your kids? Are you and your husband struggling with your relationship? Maybe you feel the Lord calling you to a ministry, but something is holding you back, or are you just facing a difficult situation? Can I encourage you today? Take heed to God's Word. Seek Him and HIS ways. You were chosen by God for whatever task you are facing. He will give you the strength you need to face it. He will never leave you or forsake you (Hebrews 13:5). 

So what are you waiting for?

Be strong, and do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment