Friday, February 5, 2016

Pieces


Me (to Jackson):
"Hand me the broken pieces and I'll put them 
back together. "
*He hands me most of the pieces*
Me: "Jack, you missed one"

Isn't that just how we behave with our Heavenly Father? He tells us to come to Him with the broken pieces of our lives, and we do,  because who else wants broken pieces? We surrender to Him, but then upon closer examination,  we see we have kept some pieces back. Now in this particular case, the toy wasn't broken, but the toy was incomplete without all the pieces, and couldn't be used properly. All the pieces had to be handed over,  or the toy would never be whole or useful again.

I'm guilty of it. Over and over again, I struggle with how the Lord is going to provide for our bills and financial situation. I'm a planner. I like to see the big picture. I like to know exactly which bills are being paid, when they are being paid, and with what they're being paid,  etc. We weren't ever wealthy,  but we were comfortable, financially-speaking, before I quit my job. Even then, I still worried sometimes how the bills would be paid. Now that we're an one income family, that fear is hitting me again. We have medical bills,  upon medical bills,  not to mention regular bills and all with half the income we had before. But...

God is trustworthy. He cares about our finances. He cares about how our bills will be paid. I was reminded this week of that, and I shared a video on my Facebook page. (If we're friends,  check it out on my page. If we're not friends,  you should be able to watch it here.) This verse just hit me. I'm sure I've read it many times before, but I needed it, and once again,  God proved Himself by giving it to me in my time of need. If you didn't watch the above video, first,  know that you're missing out. Second, Pastor Sexton brought up the point,  that if we were willing to give up our children for someone else,  is there anything we would keep from that person?

WOW.

I LOVE my kids. There's no way I would ever give them up,  but imagine it. God did that for us. He gave up His ONLY Son for us. If He did that, and I believe He did. Why can't I trust Him to handle my bills?

He that spared not his own Son, 
but delivered him up for us all, 
how shall he not with him 
also freely give us all things?
Romans 8:32 (KJV)

Many times, while I was on maternity leave B and I would talk about bills and how we were going to pay them. After most of those conversations,  I would pray that the Lord would help me trust Him,  and then feel really silly for worrying, when the Lord provided. One morning in particular, B and I were taking about bills and when he left for work, we were both feeling down. About an hour later, if that, I received a phone call stating my short term disability claim (for having my gallbladder surgery) was approved and that I would be receiving a check the next week. God does provide. We still have bills to pay, and I have no clue how we'll ever get completely caught up, but God knows, and He'll freely give it to me,  in His timing. If I can trust Him with my life (as a Christian, I have trusted that Christ's death on the cross paid the penalty for my sins, and His burial and resurrection paved the way for my eternity in heaven, and proves I serve a Living Savior), then He can be trusted with my bills. 

Lord, help me trust you with my broken pieces,  and help me to not hold back anything from you, after all you've done for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment